Rich's Quest For Flight


My father was a pilot. He died doing what he loved to do. It has been a goal of my life to become a pilot. Now I have chance to do so. Follow me as I pursue my dream.


Friday, April 07, 2006

This won't be the last time you hear me complain about the weather. We don't have just any weather here, we have Wisconsin Weather. And we had Wisconsin Weather today. I'm sure you've heard the old saw, "if you don't like the weather in Wisconsin, just wait 5 minutes." That turned out to be the truth today. After raining most of the day, and with most of southern Wisconsin under IFR conditions, I headed to the airport for my 5:00 p.m. lesson fully expecting a scrub. And scrubbed it was. Adam didn't have anything to cover in ground school today, so I left the airport looking forward to tomorrow's lesson. And better weather. (Note: Anticipating the weather, I scheduled a lesson for Sunday.)

So I got back to the house, and not long after, the doorbell rang and it was Mr. Brown delivering my brand new headset! And here it is:

So, like a kid at Christmas, I opened the package, read the instructions, and generally fiddled around with my new (coff coff) toy. I swear I did not run around with my arms extended making engine noises with my lips. I am well beyond that.

And then I looked out of the window and wouldn't you know it, the skies were clear and the sun was shining. The rest of the front had blown through and all that was left was some wind.

Back at it tomorrow, see you then.

0 Comments:

Add a comment

/body>