Rich's Quest For Flight


My father was a pilot. He died doing what he loved to do. It has been a goal of my life to become a pilot. Now I have chance to do so. Follow me as I pursue my dream.


Friday, August 25, 2006

Hi again folks. If you've followed this blog for a while, you know well by now that it doesn't take much to keep a plane out of the sky. Today was supposed to have been my first solo cross country flight, from Watertown to Sheboygan to Dodge County and return. The weather watch began early this morning, and at the time it seemed like there just might be a hole in the weather large enough to get the flight in.

But alas, the warm front moving through the area became stationary, allowing storms to train along the frontal boundary, leading to IFR conditions throughout the day. Compounding the issue was moderate turbulence at all levels in the area. So just as I was getting up from the table to head to the airport, the phone rang ominously, and sure enough Adam was on the other end. No flying today. But no surprise, either.

In the meantime, I contacted the flight school located at the airport in Santa Fe, New Mexico, site of my business trip next week. I have lined up a lesson with an instructor there on Monday. Why is this neat? Because Santa Fe is located 7000' above sea level. This will be a great opportunity to get some familiarization with high altitude and mountain flight. So join me then for a special edition of Rich's Quest For Flight.

0 Comments:

Add a comment

/body>