Rich's Quest For Flight


My father was a pilot. He died doing what he loved to do. It has been a goal of my life to become a pilot. Now I have chance to do so. Follow me as I pursue my dream.


Thursday, August 03, 2006

KRYV 032135Z AUTO 34008KT 10SM CLR 27/16 A2997 RMK AO2

Yes, it has been a long time since my last post, no doubt. I can explain.

But I won't. Instead, I'll just say that I've been especially busy with an aggressive work schedule, as well as the fact that we bought a new camping trailer and just HAD to take it out for a shakedown trip in the middle of Hades last weekend. That, and the fact that things were hopping up in Oshkosh made this a good time to take a break.

That said, I was really aching to get back in the sky today. But take a close look at the METAR. Sure it was a beautiful day today. And yeah! the heat wave has broken. But winds from NNW (and its evil twin, SSE) are as close to perpendicular to our two runways at KRYV as you can get. And with the breeze gusting to 13 kts, my crosswind limitations were exceeded. So no solo today. Adam offered to go up with me so I could practice, but I deferred. I've been aching to do a proper solo for a long time. I want a chance to do my manuevers as I want, and to yell at myself when I screw them up...I mean to self critique my own maneuvers.

So I reserved the plane for tomorrow afternoon and we'll try it again. Meanwhile, if you're anywhere near Watertown this weekend, do stop in at Riverside Park for our annual Riverfest. Free music and lots of fun!

0 Comments:

Add a comment

/body>