Rich's Quest For Flight


My father was a pilot. He died doing what he loved to do. It has been a goal of my life to become a pilot. Now I have chance to do so. Follow me as I pursue my dream.


Friday, September 22, 2006

FAA Slaps Chicago Over Midnight Raid On Helpless Airport

Chicago will pay a $33,000 fine for illegally tearing up Meigs Field airport without proper notification. And the city will have to repay $1 million of airport funds that Mayor Richard M. Daley illegally diverted from O'Hare and Midway airports to give to the destruction contractors.

read more | digg story
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

33,000? Oh man that will teach him!


Ha
Read the article. That was just the fine, and that was controlled by regulation. The city is also on the hook for court costs and lawyer fees, over $1 million.

Add a comment

/body>