Rich's Quest For Flight


My father was a pilot. He died doing what he loved to do. It has been a goal of my life to become a pilot. Now I have chance to do so. Follow me as I pursue my dream.


Friday, April 04, 2008

Fresh Medical


DND365 54
Originally uploaded by richmanwisco
First the original milestones. Now the recurring milestones. Today was the first renewal of my original medical certificate. So I am medically fit in the eyes of the FAA for another two years. Naturally I am still responsible for reviewing my own medical status prior to each flight. I was hit with a minor surprise: my blood pressure was just below the maximum limit. This is the first time ever that my blood pressure was a concern. Perhaps it's age, perhaps it's diet. I reckon I have some monitoring to do.

By the way, on the application, I recorded 82 total hours flown with 15 of those in the last 6 months. It was a long and weather filled winter this year. I certainly resolve to improve the hours. My original plan was to fly to as many pancake breakfasts that I could reach. Today's events are causing me to rethink that strategy.

0 Comments:

Add a comment

/body>